Shotcut is a free, open source, cross-platform video editor for Windows, Mac and Linux. Major features include support for a wide range of formats; no import required meaning native timeline editing; Blackmagic Design support for input and preview monitoring; and resolution support to 4k.
- Trimming on source clip player or timeline with ripple option
- Append, insert, overwrite, lift, and ripple delete editing on the timeline
- 3-point editing
- Hide, mute, and lock track controls
- Multitrack timeline with thumbnails and waveforms
- Unlimited undo and redo for playlist edits including a history view
- Create, play, edit, save, load, encode, and stream MLT XML projects (with auto-save)
- Save and load trimmed clip as MLT XML file
- Load and play complex MLT XML file as a clip
- Drag-n-drop files from file manager
- Scrubbing and transport control
- Video compositing across video tracks
- HTML5 (sans audio and video) as video source and filters
- 3-way (shadows, mids, highlights) color wheels for color correction and grading
- Eye dropper tool to pick neutral color for white balancing
- Fade in/out audio and fade video from and to black with easy-to-use fader controls on timeline
- Video wipe transitions:
- bar, barn door, box, clock (radial), diagonal, iris, matrix, and custom gradient image
- Track compositing/blending modes:
- Over, Add, Saturate, Multiply, Screen, Overlay, Darken, Dodge, Burn, Hard Light, Soft Light, Difference, Exclusion, HSL Hue, HSL Saturation, HSL Color, HSL Luminosity.
- Video Filters:
- Alpha Channel: Adjust, Alpha Channel: View, Blur, Brightness, Chroma Key: Advanced, Chroma Key: Simple, Contrast, Color Grading, Crop, Diffusion, Glow, Invert Colors, Key Spill: Advanced, Key Spill: Simple, Mirror, Old Film: Dust, Old Film: Grain, Old Film: Projector, Old Film: Scratches, Old Film: Technocolor, Opacity, Rotate, Rutt-Etra-Izer, Saturation, Sepia Tone, Sharpen, Size and Position, Stabilize, Text, Vignette, Wave, White Balance
- Speed effect for audio/video clips
- Blackmagic Design SDI and HDMI for input and preview monitoring
- Leap Motion for jog/shuttle control
- Webcam capture
- Audio capture to system audio card
- Capture (record) SDI, HDMI, webcam (V4L2), JACK audio, PulseAudio, IP stream, X11 screen, and Windows DirectShow devices
- Multi-core parallel image processing (when not using GPU and frame-dropping is disabled)
- DeckLink SDI keyer output
- OpenGL GPU-based image processing with 16-bit floating point linear per color component
What's new in Shotcut 21.06.29:
- Added Speed parameter to the Timer video filter.
- Added keyboard shortcuts to switch between the stock layouts: Alt+1 through 6.
- Added Import button to Playlist. (Thanks, @hbtalha!)
- Added an Apply button next to Properties > Speed to improve workflow when using mouse wheel.
Fixes new bugs (in version 21.05.01/18):
- Fixed playback may hang when playing different Playlist items.
- Fixed alpha presets in Export.
- Fixed a possible crash when changing Settings > Preview Scaling.
- Fixed a possible crash when using Crop: Source and Size, Position & Rotate filters on the same clip.
- Fixed Size, Position & Rotate filters not reloading.
- Fixed reloading Keyframes for a filter on Output.
- Fixed changing Properties > Color Range for a clip in the Source player.
- Fixed playhead moves to the beginning of the Timeline when dragging an image from Source.
- Fixed a proxy may used instead of the original when dropping from file manager to Timeline.
- Fixed Fade In/Out on Timeline may add filters in wrong order.
- Fixed a crash trying to make thumbnail for an invalid playlist item when loading a project.
- Fixed Playlist > Play After Open not working.
- Fixed missing proxies not generated for an opened project when Settings > Proxy > Use Proxy turned on.
- Fixed File > Export EDL creates empty file.
- Fixed Center bias in Crop: Source filter.
- Fixed a crash using Mask: From File and Size, Position & Rotate filters on the same color clip.
- Fixed the Export > H.264 High Profile preset was producing main profile on NVIDIA.
- Fixed a crash when using Paste after a File > Close or File > New.
- Fixed a Project name with a slash is accepted but fails.
- Fixed a possible crash when changing Settings > Theme.
- Fixed Mask: Simple Shape moves when deleting all keyframes: no longer allowed to delete the last keyframe; use the keyframe toggle button in the parameters area of Filters.
- Fixed maintaining the image center when reset Size, Position & Rotate > Zoom.
- Improved using the mouse wheel to zoom in Size, Position & Rotate filter.
- Improved the range of the new Zoom keyframe values when keyframes are changed or removed.
- Fixed custom Export preset may load with incorrect frame rate.
- Fixed Playlist > Replace may replaced with timeline and appear as and cause a crash if the Project
- player it active.
- Fixed inconsistent handling of keyframes when splitting a trimming a clip.
- Fixed high CPU usage and a long wait after multiple Stabilize analysis jobs.
- Fixed a crash when a Stabilize analysis (.stab) file fails to open.
- Fixed a crash when Stabilize > Accuracy is 9 or higher.
- Fixed remembering the last-opened folder when choosing Properties > Video > Custom... for a transition with video filter Mask: From File > File > Custom....
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware