Smarter Battery is a battery monitoring utility for portable computers, intended to provide you with all the battery data, to help prolong its life and save its energy. It shows you the evolution of the battery's capacity during the charge / discharge cycles and computes a few important battery parameters, such as the wear level and discharge cycles count. This program continuously reads the battery data, making a prediction for the time remaining; it also features two alarms, for low / critical battery capacity, triggered by either values of time remaining or capacity percentage you set.
The battery capacity evolution is graphically displayed for up to 16 hours period of time, so a complete charge or discharge cycle can easily be visualized and analyzed. Both Calibration and Fast Discharge procedures were updated to perform better on Windows laptops or tablets. A battery gadget can be displayed by this utility; it has many format options and it offers you a fast, clear view to the current battery state.
Other important features of this battery utility:
- Standby, Hibernate, Restart, Shut Down and Power Plan items were added to the Battery Menu;
- CPU number and average CPU usage are now shown in the Calibration page;
- An estimation for the Time remaining until the battery is fully charged;
- Improved discharge and calibration log files;
- Improved battery Calibration and Fast Discharge procedures;
- Green Mode function is kept for using with older Windows versions.
What's new in Smarter Battery 5.3:
improved calibration and fast discharge functions;
code optimization for Windows 10 and tablet use;
extended graphic display for the battery capacity;
new options and several formats added to the battery gadget.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware