SoftMaker FreeOffice is a powerful, easy-to-use, modern, lightning-fast office suite for Windows. After using it, you will agree that it is the best free alternative to Microsoft Office. FreeOffice is a complete office suite with a word processor, a spreadsheet application and a presentation program – all compatible with their counterparts in Microsoft Office. What's the catch? There is none. Simply download it for free and use it for as long as you want. Millions of people are using it every day and enjoy this great free office suite. FreeOffice 2018 is free to use at home and for business.
SoftMaker FreeOffice is a complete office suite:
TextMaker - The powerful word processor FreeOffice TextMaker combines ease of use with a huge range of features that let you create beautiful documents with ease. Numerous new template catalogs and drop-down elements take the work out of formatting text, tables and pictures.
PlanMaker - FreeOffice PlanMaker lets you create calculations, worksheets and charts of any complexity effortlessly. With more than 350 functions at your disposal, you can quickly solve even the most intricate calculations and make sound decisions based on solid results.
Presentations - FreeOffice Presentations is a powerful tool for creating impressive presentations. Combine text, images, tables and artwork in your slides and put them in motion with a vast range of breathtaking animations and slide transitions using OpenGL graphics acceleration.
What's new in FreeOffice 2018:
Compatibility without compromises: Now for the first time, the FreeOffice version for 2018 features complete support of the Microsoft file formats DOCX, XLSX and PPTX. Files with these extensions can now be not only opened, but also saved. Exchanging files with Microsoft Office users is therefore possible without prior conversion.
Ribbons or classic menus: SoftMaker FreeOffice 2018 also offers a refined user experience: the completely redesigned user interface allows users to work with either modern ribbons or classic menus and toolbars. An especially practical feature is that even in ribbon mode, users can access the classic menu entries via a “hamburger” menu. This makes it easier for users to migrate to ribbons.
Both with classic toolbars and in ribbon mode, users have access to numerous new dropdown elements and template catalogues that simplify the creation of extensive documents. For example, with a few clicks, complex numbered lists and headers or footers can be added in TextMaker, and a large variety of cell templates can be applied in PlanMaker.
Optimized for touchscreens: If you use a computer with a touchscreen, you can now switch to touch mode with larger icons and increased spacing between user-interface elements. This new touch mode is available both with ribbons and with the classic menu-based user interface.
In addition, the free Office suite covers the full functionality of a professional Office suite:
The word processor FreeOffice TextMaker 2018 lets users create documents of any complexity. Extensive DTP capabilities allow you to insert images and graphics, headers, footers, tables and more. Aside from seamless DOCX support, the application offers true-to-original handling of numerous other file formats. It opens documents saved in the old Microsoft format DOC just as loss-free as ODT files which are used by LibreOffice and OpenOffice. The word processor comes with a powerful PDF export as well as with an EPUB export function, which creates complete e-books with just a few clicks.
The spreadsheet application FreeOffice PlanMaker 2018 covers all the functionality needed to create calculations, tables, and charts. Even power user features, such as pivot tables or conditional formatting, are always compatible with Microsoft Excel 2016, thanks to the seamless support of Excel’s XLSX file format.
The presentation application FreeOffice Presentations 2018 is now even more compatible with PowerPoint than its predecessor. It not only supports the opening and saving of the PPTX files, but it also comes with a completely revised master slide concept. Users can now create any number of slide layouts, which in turn can be populated with any number of placeholders—just like Microsoft’s forpurchase counterpart. Using animations and slide transitions based on OpenGL, the new FreeOffice Presentations also provides the user with a variety of spectacular effects that turn presentations into real eye-catchers.
FreeOffice 2018 rev 966.0708 changelog:
- Feature: TextMaker, PlanMaker and Presentations are now compatible with the file formats of Word 2019, Excel 2019 and PowerPoint 2019.
- Feature: The format brush can now be used with the keyboard: Select text, press Ctrl+Shift+C to copy the formatting, select the destination and press Ctrl+Shift+V to paste the formatting.
- Feature: With classic menus, TextMaker, PlanMaker and Presentations now offer new toolbars with a more logical arrangement.
- Feature: The dropdown element Insert | Character has been updated to offer additional typographic characters.
- Feature: For better compatibility with Microsoft Office, you can apply negative cropping to pictures.
- Mac - Feature: You can now drag photos from the Apple Photos application into TextMaker, PlanMaker and Presentations documents.
- Feature: You can now switch between ribbon tabs using the key combinations Ctrl+F12 and Ctrl+Shift+F12.
- Windows - Feature: You can now enter any Unicode character with the key combination Alt+nnnn key. For example, press Alt+8364 to enter the Euro sign.
- Mac, Linux - Feature: SoftMaker FreeOffice now supports TrueType Collections (TTC fonts) in macOS and Linux, too.
- Mac - Feature: Improved keyboard handling: Alt+Cursor and Alt+Shift+Cursor move the caret word by word.
- Feature: Many user-interface translations have been updated, and a Polish user interface is now available for the first time.
- Feature: French typographic rules supported: With French text, quotation marks, question marks, exclamation points, colons and semicolons are now automatically padded with non-breaking spaces.
- Mac - Feature: You can now enter Chinese, Japanese and Korean text because SoftMaker FreeOffice now supports the Mac IME.
- Mac, Linux - Feature: To ensure that all users on a computer can start SoftMaker FreeOffice without having to enter the product key again, the license file is now preferred to be stored in /Library/Application support/SoftMaker (macOS) and /etc/SoftMaker (Linux).
- Feature: New database module with new features such as viewing CSV files
- Feature: You can now print selected text.
- Feature: Text frames and AutoShapes are no longer inserted immediately. Instead, a mouse cursor appears that lets you size the new object before it is created. This new default behavior can be changed in File | Options.
- Feature: The command View | Set zoom now offers an additional zooming option, "Fit text to window".
- Feature: Clicking on the language name in the status bar lets you now change the language of the selected text.
- Feature: You can now edit fields and calculations by double-clicking on them.
- Feature: New option Skip numbering in numbering lists
- Feature: Two new field functions have been added to Insert | Field: "Page count in chapter" and "Actual page count in chapter"
- Feature: In File | Properties | Compatibility, the compatibility flags can now be quickly set to specific word processing programs.
- Feature: Better smart quotes in German: a single apostrophe at the start of a word is turned into a single quotation mark at the bottom.
- Feature: French: an apostrophe inside a word is no longer converted to a › sign.
- Feature: To open a hyperlink, use Ctrl+click now instead of a simple click. If you let the mouse hover over a hyperlink, a tooltip gives the URL.
- Feature: User fields such as name and address are now preserved in DOCX format.
- Mac - Feature: Paragraphs can now be promoted and demoted with the key combinations Shift+Ctrl+Left and Shift+Ctrl+Right.
- Feature: Improved automatic capitalization: When a paragraph ends with a comma ("Dear Sir,"), the first character in the next paragraph is no longer automatically changed to uppercase.
- Feature: The RTF export function now saves paper-tray settings.
- Feature: PlanMaker now supports the option Precision as displayed which continues calculations with the visible precision of cells. If cell A1 contains 3.3 but is only shown with two digits (3.33), then 3*A1 will be 9.99 and not 10.
- Feature: New command Insert copied cells that moves existing cells or rows down or to the right to make room for the pasted content
- Feature: Improved AutoFilter function: hierarchical grouping of dates, more options for the Numbers filter, new Date and Text filters
- Feature: Import filter for OpenDocument Calc files
- Feature: Nearly 50 calculation functions added, mainly in statistics
- Feature: You can now search for line breaks in the Search dialog box.
- Feature: You can now format text in multiple columns.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware