Thanks Bits for the heads up. A pre-release version of Sonique2 is now available for public consumption. It is being called an Alpha release to reflect the fact that Sonique2 still has a ways to go before it will be ready for release. Alpha builds are buggy, unsupported and unfinished. Install them at your own risk.
Sonique is a windows audio player capable of handling Microsoft Windows Media files, MP3 files, audio CDs, and more. It fuses a highly stylized aesthetic with a fluid, windowless interface and fully animated menu systems. Additional functionality includes a full-featured playlist editor, a variety of unique output visualization modes via plug-ins, and a robust control set featuring pitch, balance and amplification adjustment, as well as a 20-band equalizer with spline-based level adjustment. It supports many audio formats, including MP3, MP2, OGG, WAV, MOD, XM, IT, S3M, and CD audio and all MS Windows Media audio formats.
- window focus is not lost on skin/lang change
- only 1 instance of s2 can be run at any one time
- fixed command line params.
- some minor cleanup in the language and help files
- fixed some small bugs here and there
- added code to the installer to detect if sonique2 is running
- no CD Audio yet.
- Changing skins and languages on win9x systems is sketchy business, and will probably crash sonique2.
- Your sonique settings file is deleted when you re-install. So back this up if you have a lot of settings you don't want to lose (sonique.settings is the name of the file).
- If remotes are defined via macro includes, they will show up in the remotes menu more than once. But, only one of the entries will actually work. Happy hunting!
- The skin shipped with this alpha will not be the skin shipped with the final release. It is a development skin.
Download: Sonique 2 (Build: May 9, 2002)
This is ALPHA software! Please use caution when installing it on your system.