SpeedFan is a program that monitors voltages, fan speeds and temperatures in computers with hardware monitor chips. SpeedFan can even access S.M.A.R.T. info and show hard disk temperatures. SpeedFan supports SCSI disks too. SpeedFan can even change the FSB on some hardware (but this should be considered a bonus feature).
SpeedFan can access digital temperature sensors and can change fan speeds accordingly, thus reducing noise. SpeedFan can find almost any hardware monitor chip connected to the 2-wire SMBus (System Management Bus (trademark belonging to SMIF, Inc.), a subset of the I2C protocol) and works fine with Windows 9x, ME, NT, 2000, 2003, XP, Vista and Windows 7. It works with Windows 64 bit too.
What's new in this version:
- added support for hard disks through CSMI (Intel Matrix RAID and Intel Rapid Storage, for example)
- added support for Intel 7 Series SMBus
- added full support for NCT6779D
- added full support for Fintek F71808A
- fixed temperature reading for Intel Ivy Bridge
- fixed ATK0110 support on several motherboards
- switched to the new HddStatus service (it works on Unix/Linux too now)
- ARECA RAID support is not longer probed on Windows 2K
- limited DELL Studio 1558 support to the PWM alone for system stability
- added support for Seagate FreeAgentDesktop and FreeAgent USB enclosures
- added /NOINTELQST command line parameter
- TDELLSensor now handles resume from suspend