Spybot Anti-Beacon was initially designed to address the privacy concerns of users of Windows 10. They do not want to have information about their PC usage sent to Microsoft by various tracking (telemetry) features. It has since been modified to disable similar tracking functionality in Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 operating systems.
Spybot Anti-Beacon is updated regularly to include any new telemetry options added. This means that users no longer have to worry if there is still a telemetry option enabled that they may have missed manually, or that a new telemetry option has been included in a recent update for their operating system.
Simply clicking on ‘Customize’ on the main screen of Anti-Beacon will give you a choice to select your level of privacy. There are various protection presets available: ‘None’ allows all tracking options, and ‘Full’ will disable all known tracking features included in Microsoft’s operating systems. ‘Recommended’ is the setting we prefer. But you may set any single option to permitted or blocked by yourself. Then your individual immunization is established.
It is easy to undo changes or set another level, by choosing ‘Customize’ and the new level again. You may also have Anti-Beacon check your protection at every Windows start.
Spybot Anti-Beacon comes in two flavors; as a standard installation or as a Portable Edition compatible with PortableApps.
Spybot Anti-Beacon 3.0.5 changelog:
This release introduces a paid for version that supports additional non-Microsoft immunizers.
- Added integrated manual.
- Integrated optional test to check for updates.
- Added many more system immunizers.
- Added Microsoft Edge immunizer.
- Added Google Chrome immunizer.
- Added Mozilla Firefox immunizer.
- Added Google Chrome Telemetry Group Policy immunizer
- Added Mozilla Firefox Telemetry Group Policy immunizer
- Added HP CEEment immunizer
- Added HP Touchpoint Analysis immunizer
- Added Lenovo Customer Feedback Program Scheduled Tasks immunizer
- Added Lenovo Experience Improvement immunizer
- Improved Consumer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP) Scheduled Tasks immunizer
- Improved Customize table optics.
- Removed UI flickering.
- Window is now resizable.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware