Spybot Anti-Beacon was initially designed to address the privacy concerns of users of Windows 10. They do not want to have information about their PC usage sent to Microsoft by various tracking (telemetry) features. It has since been modified to disable similar tracking functionality in Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 operating systems.
Spybot Anti-Beacon is updated regularly to include any new telemetry options added. This means that users no longer have to worry if there is still a telemetry option enabled that they may have missed manually, or that a new telemetry option has been included in a recent update for their operating system.
Simply clicking on ‘Customize’ on the main screen of Anti-Beacon will give you a choice to select your level of privacy. There are various protection presets available: ‘None’ allows all tracking options, and ‘Full’ will disable all known tracking features included in Microsoft’s operating systems. ‘Recommended’ is the setting we prefer. But you may set any single option to permitted or blocked by yourself. Then your individual immunization is established.
It is easy to undo changes or set another level, by choosing ‘Customize’ and the new level again. You may also have Anti-Beacon check your protection at every Windows start.
Spybot Anti-Beacon comes in two flavors; as a standard installation or as a Portable Edition compatible with PortableApps.
Spybot Anti-Beacon 3.1.6 changelog:
- New Windows 10 October 2018 update (1809) protection, including cloud clipboard sync.
- Added Mozilla Telemetry via Mozilla Configuration.
- Added LibreOffice Telemetry entry.
- Added preliminary Office 2019 Telemetry entries.
- Added generic Office Telemetry entries.
- Improved Microsoft Edge support (eBook telemetry, Microsoft 365 Analytics).
- Massively improved Office 2016 Telemetry entries.
- Fixed silent mode.
- New Details view for descriptions without opening a browser (also brings back exact entry details for those users technically inclined).
- New Settings screen for settings previously available only as part of the installer.
- Improved sorting and categorization of customization screen.
- Support for new Windows 10 dark mode.
- Updated OpenSSL libraries (1.0.2p).
- Updated SQLite3 library (3.25.2).
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware