As part of its usual Tuesday updates for the Stadia service, Google today announced that starting today, it's possible to play games on your phone using mobile data instead of Wi-Fi. The feature is available as an experiment, similar to how the company enabled streaming to any Android smartphone last month. You'll need to tap your profile picture and head to "Experiments" to enable it if you want to try it.
Google also announced the games that will be available to Stadia Pro members for free in August. Next month's additions are Strange Brigade, Kona - both of which are new to Stadia as a whole - plus Metro 2033 Redux and Just Shapes and Beats, two titles that were already available to buy standalone, but will now be available for if you have Stadia Pro.
All of those titles will be available on Stadia Pro on August 1, but on that day, Zombie Army 4: Dead War will leave Stadia Pro, so you'll need to claim it before then if you want to keep it. Later in the month, Rock of Ages III will launch on Stadia and it will be free for Stadia Pro members right out of the gate. This will happen on August 14.
Google also announced that indie platformer Celeste is available on the Stadia store starting today, costing $19.99.
Aside from that, Google highlighted some of the ongoing sales going on in the Stadia store. Stadia Pro members have the following deals available:
- Assassin’'s Creed® Odyssey - $19.80 USD
- Mortal Kombat 11 - $25 USD
- Mortal Kombat 11 Aftermath - $27.99 USD
- Mortal Kombat 11 Aftermath Kollection - $41.99 USD
- NBA 2K20 Legend Edition - $25 USD
- The Crew 2 - $15 USD
- The Crew 2 - Gold Edition - $19.80 USD
- Trials Rising - $10 USD
Some games are on sale for everyone, though there's some overlap with the Stadia Pro sales, which obviously offer bigger discounts. Here's the list for non-Pro members:
- Lost Words: Beyond the Page - $11.99 USD
- Mortal Kombat 11 - $29.99 USD
- Mortal Kombat 11 Aftermath Kollection - $47.99 USD
- NBA 2K20 - $19.80 USD
- NBA 2K20 Digital Deluxe - $24 USD
- Red Dead Redemption 2 - $47.99 USD
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Special Edition - $53.59 USD
- The Crew 2 - $25 USD
- The Crew 2 - Gold Edition - $45 USD
- Trials Rising - $12.50 USD
Recently, Google held a Stadia Connect presentation, where it announced the surprise release of Orcs Must Die! 3, which is available for free on Stadia Pro, along with a handful of other games, plus features like Crowd Play and Crowd Choice.