StartIsBack++ restores original Windows 10 start menu with all its features: search, pinned and recently used apps, fully customizable settings. Start button and Start menu look and behave exactly as they used to in Windows 7.
StartIsBack is lightweight and secure: it does not require administrator rights to install, consumes minimal amount of system resources, does not run additional processes or services.
What's hot about StartIsBack on Windows 10 now:
- Live badges for modern apps on taskbar and Start menu!
- Ability to reduce resource usage by disabling newer Start menu and Cortana processes from prelaunching
- Ability to use adequately sized (32x32) large icons and larger start menu button on taskbar
- Modern icon glyphs on Start menu right hand pane
- Modern blur, drop shadow and immersive context menus for start menu
- Fully dynamic DPI aware start menu and configuration app
- New modern style with round user picture
- Lots of new minor additions and tweaks
StartIsBack++ 2.8 Beta 1 changelog:
StartIsBack now has Taskbar Perks, which allows advanced tweaks as:
- Center taskbar icons
- Segmented taskbar
- Dynamically clear taskbar
- Plus there are additional taskbar icon tweaks available.
- Locked segmented taskbar may glitch
- 19H1 is not supported
Changes in 2.8 Beta 2:
- Improved segments style
- Initial support for 19H1 and Light theme
- StartIsBack now can enable old mixer and sound settings for sound tray icon in 19H1: set EnableMtcUvc (Google it) to not 1.
StartIsBack++ 2.8 RC changes:
- Full support for Windows Light theme (Plain10)
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware