SAN DIEGO, Calif. - July 31, 2008 - Station Voice, a service powered by Vivox® that allows players to talk to each other in online games, is now available in the role-playing games EverQuest® II and Star Wars Galaxies, Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE), announced today. Station Voice, which is scheduled to be available next month in EverQuest, is available for players at no additional cost with their current subscription plan.
"In-game voice chat is an enhanced new feature gamers of all levels can enjoy. Now, SOE"s players can easily talk to one another and better enjoy the online gaming experience," said John Smedley, president of Sony Online Entertainment. "The integration of Station Voice into these initial games was seamless, and we look forward to incorporating this added gaming experience into other SOE titles, as well as implementing the next phase of features to come soon."
The initial launch of Station Voice will allow players to:
* Talk person-to-person in game with any microphone and headset combo
* Chat with their party, guild or any other group in game
* Play and communicate without worry of a significant increase in game lag
* Manage group/user participation with moderator controls
* Individually mute and set volume per user
* Set up easily without the need for separate software, accounts or registration