Shake off your biological shackles and embrace the synthetic future with an upcoming expansion to Stellaris named 'Synthetic Dawn'. The new add-on will not only introduce a completely new robotic civilization type to the universe, but will also add new music, special events, voice packs, and portraits.
Stellaris is a 'grand strategy' title set in the Milky Way or any modified variation thereof. Your civilization, which has just developed the means to travel through worm-holes or use warp drives, expand and explore other worlds, until you discover new civilizations and species. The game then tests your diplomacy and military skill as you maneuver the intricate web of necessary alliances and fragile truces.
To give a fair warning to the 'inferior' biological species littered across the massive galaxy, developer and publisher Paradox Interactive released a new developer diary detailing some of these changes:
Paradox describes the expansion's key features as such:
- You, Robot: Play Stellaris as a customized robotic civilization, complete a series of robotic portraits for science robots, worker robots, and more.
- AI, eh? Aye!: Follow new event chains and story features to lead your robot race to greatness as an intergalactic AI empire; pursue mechanical perfection in the stars.
- Rise of the Machines: Oppressed synths may rebel against their masters and form new empires -- or you may even discover a fallen synthetic civilization deep in space.
- Digital Enhancements: New synthetic race portraits, and expanded voice packs for VIR.
- New Music: Featuring three new tracks from composer Andreas Waldetoft expressing the high-tech theme of the Story Pack.
Synthetic Dawn will launch on September 21 on Windows, macOS, and Linux, for $9.99, and will be available on Steam or pre-order at the source link below.
Update: Updated Steam availability information.
Source and image: Paradox Plaza
For more gaming related news and reviews, follow us at @NeowinGaming on Twitter!