Sweet Home 3D is a free interior design application that helps you place your furniture on a house 2D plan, with a 3D preview. Sweet Home 3D is aimed at people who want to design their interior quickly, whether they are moving or they just want to redesign their existing home. Numerous visual guides help you draw the plan of your home and layout furniture. You may draw the walls of your rooms upon the image of an existing plan, and then, drag and drop furniture onto the plan from a catalog organized by categories. Each change in the 2D plan is simultaneously updated in the 3D view, to show you a realistic rendering of your layout.
Sweet Home 3D features:
- Draw straight, round or sloping walls with precise dimensions using the mouse or the keyboard.
- Insert doors and windows in walls by dragging them in the plan, and let Sweet Home 3D compute their holes in walls.
- Add furniture to the plan from a searchable and extensible catalog organized by categories such as kitchen, living room, bedroom, bathroom...
- Change color, texture, size, thickness, location and orientation of furniture, walls, floors and ceilings.
- While designing the home in 2D, simultaneously view it in 3D from an aerial point of view, or navigate into it from a virtual visitor point of view.
- Annotate the plan with room areas, dimension lines, texts and show the North direction with a compass rose.
- Create photorealistic images and videos with the ability to customize lights and control sunlight effect according to the time of day and geographic location.
- Import home blueprint to draw walls upon it, 3D models to complete default catalog, and textures to customize surfaces.
- Print and export PDFs, bitmap or vector graphics images, videos and 3D files in standard file formats.
- Extend the features of Sweet Home 3D with plug-ins programmed in Java, or by developing a derived version based on its Model View Controller architecture.
- Choose the language displayed in the user interface of Sweet Home 3D and its rich help from 18 languages.
What"s new in this version:
- Added a search text field to filter textures and a list of the recently used textures in the textures choice dialog box.
- Added texture rotation support.
- Made the selected material blink in the 3D preview of the Furniture materials modification dialog box.
- Improved text fields used to edit lengths when Foot/Inch/Fraction unit is active.
- Added Edit > Select all at all levels menu item, with feedback in level tabs showing level names outlined with selection color under Java 6 and higher.
- Replaced Select object menu by Toggle selection menu in plan contextual menu when Shift key is pressed.
dropOnTopElevationproperty to the pieces of catalog furniture to place objects on others at a preferred elevation (to simplify the layout of objects below or upon shelves, chairs, trees...).
- Added Furniture > Reset elevation menu item to recompute the preferred elevation of the selected furniture placed on other pieces.
- Added KMZ extension to the list of file extensions supported in the furniture import wizard.
- Added support for sideways moves in the 3D view with the keyboard using Alt + left arrow and Alt + right arrow keys.
- Avoided data duplicates in SH3D files during saving.
- Checked available disk space before saving under Java 6 and higher.
- Added an option to repair damaged SH3D files with the ability to retrieve corrupted data from Sweet Home 3D catalogs, remove damaged 3D models and images, or to display them in red.
- Took into account texture image transparency for the ground texture in the 3D view.
- Improved texture transparency management in SunFlow.
- Fixed an issue in SunFlow parameters that could generate some black square dots.
- Added support for import from SH3D files in the Online version, checking which 3D models and textures are available on the server to reduce home data length saved on the server.
- Added a Delete button in the Open dialog box of the Online version to delete homes saved on server.
- Checked home data length doesn"t exceed the maximum allowed on the server before saving it in the Online version.
selectableLevelsparameters to the Sweet Home 3D Viewer to let the user select some stored points of view and home levels.
activateCameraSwitchKeyparameter to disable space bar in Sweet Home 3D Viewer.
- Added the ability to edit the 3D model of a piece of furniture in the Furniture Library Editor.
- Fixed issues in the dependencies of a DAE file when they use spaces, % and # characters.
- Fixed an issue on texture coordinates computed at doors and windows intersection for walls with an angle different of 0° or 90° in the plan.
- Fixed texture coordinates management on 3D model previewed in materials editor for small models.
- Checked length of auto completion strings list saved in preferences doesn"t pass the maximum allowed value.
- Refused to import the ZIP file of a 3D model containing entries that are not readable.
- Fixed 3D view management to avoid it remaining grey under Windows with Java 7/8.
- Increased the maximum memory to 2 GB used in the Java Web Start version run under Windows and Linux 64 bit systems.
- Displayed the maximum memory set for Java in the About dialog box.
- Updated English, French, German, Swedish, Hungarian and Bulgarian help pages.
- Upgraded Java 3D to version 1.6.0pre10 / JOGL 2.1.5 for the Mac OS X version run with Java 7.
- Other minor bugs fixes and enhancements.