One of the most common complaints about newer versions of Windows is the slow copying speed, especially when transferring lots of files over the network. If you want to speed up your copying or if you regularly transfer large amounts of data and have to stop the process to perform some other disk-intensive task, this program may be just what you need.
TeraCopy is designed to copy and move files at the maximum possible speed. It skips bad files during the copying process, and then displays them at the end of the transfer so that you can see which ones need attention. TeraCopy can automatically check the copied files for errors by calculating their CRC checksum values. It also provides a lot more information about the files being copied than its Windows counterpart. TeraCopy integrates with Windows Explorer"s right-click menu and can be set as the default copy handler.
TeraCopy features at a glance:
- Copy files faster. TeraCopy uses dynamically adjusted buffers to reduce seek times. Asynchronous copy speeds up file transfer between two physical hard drives.
- Pause and resume file transfers. Pause copy process at any time to free up system resources and continue with a single click.
- Error recovery. In case of copy error, TeraCopy will try several times and in the worse case just skips the file, not terminating the entire transfer.
- Interactive file list. TeraCopy shows failed file transfers and lets you fix the problem and recopy only problem files.
- Shell integration. TeraCopy can completely replace Explorer copy and move functions, allowing you work with files as usual.
- Full Unicode support.
- Windows 8 x64 support.
What"s new in TeraCopy 2.3 Final:
- Added: Support for Total Commander 8.01 x64.
- Added: Auto-splitting files on FAT32 filesystems.
- Added: Additional check for trimming file, useful on D-Link NAS devices.
- Added: "Confirm drag and drop" option.
- Fixed: Removing files from filelist when not enough disk space.
- Fixed: Skip button now works on error files.
- Changed: Flashing window instead of tray notification.
- Added: Moving files within the same drive without launching TeraCopy.exe.
- Added: "/Report" command line key.
- Fixed: Problem copying some locked files.
- Fixed: Unnecessary verification of skipped files.
- Fixed: Conflict with Google Chrome on Windows XP.
- Fixed: Dropping files into TC window now possible in Waiting mode.
- Fixed: Use %UL instead of %L in Total Commander buttons for Unicode support.
- Added: Resolving linked network folders to real path on Windows XP.
- Added: Option CopyCreationTime to ini file.
- Minor bugfixes and UI improvements.