The Kindle Paperwhite has been out for a while, but hasn't seen any permanent price reductions since the current (10th) generation became available in 2018, and it's hardly surprising since the $129.99 price isn't going to break the bank for what it offers.
Today it's back in discount, and now available for $94.99 which is 27% off of its normal $129.99 list price.
Here are a few of its specs:
- Amazon's 6” Paperwhite display technology with E Ink Carta and built-in light
- 300ppi, optimized font technology, 16-level grayscale.
- Storage 8 GB
- Weight: 6.4 oz (182 g)
- Available in Black or Twilight Blue
- Now waterproof, so you’re free to read and relax at the beach, by the pool, or in the bath.
- No screen glare, even in bright sunlight, unlike tablets
- A single battery charge lasts weeks, not hours
- Prime members read free with unlimited access to over a thousand titles
The base Kindle also has a discount of $30 off, bringing it down to $59.99 (list price $89.99). It includes a front light, which helps users see the screen in the dark without needing an external light source. It comes in Black or White and includes an optional three months of Kindle Unlimited, giving you access to all of the books on Amazon's library.
The downside to the above prices means you'll need to opt for Amazon's Special Offers variant - in other words, be okay with ads on your lock screen. You can still get discounts on the variants without Special Offers, but they will cost $20 more for each model.
As an Amazon Associate, Neowin may earn commission from qualifying purchases.