A new report suggests that Dell's refreshed XPS 13 ultrabook could have a design similar to the previous version with a virtually bezel-less display, thick aluminum covers on the top and bottom and carbon fiber materials on the palm resting area.
Furthermore, the internals of the device have been improved drastically with specifications of the different variants of the Dell XPS 13 being listed:
- Display: 13-inch, 3200x1800 (touch), 1920x1280 (non-touch). Infinity Edge with 5.2-mm thin border, brightness up to 400 Candela
- CPU: Skylake Core i3 (2.3GHz), Core i5 (2.3GHz, up to 2.8GHz with Turbo Boost), Core i7 (2.5Ghz, up to 3.1GHz via burst clock)
- GPU: Intel HD 520
- RAM: 4GB, 8GB, 16GB
- Storage: 128GB, 256GB, 512GB, 1TB M.2 SATA SSD
- Ports: Two USB 3.0 ports, USB Type-C, Thunderbolt 3
- Battery: 56 watt hours
- Weight: 1.2kg (non-touch), 1.29kg (touch)
The source of the leak also claims that Dell has improved upon the new XPS 13's trackpad "to prevent accidental jumping" and floating of the cursor, which was experienced by the some users on the previous model.
The Dell XPS 13's launch price for the U.S. has not been revealed, but the report claims that the different variants of the ultrabook could be priced as follows in Germany:
- Core i5 (4GB RAM, 128GB SSD, non-touch) | €1,149 ($1,285)
- Core i5 (8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, non-touch) | €1,299 ($1,450)
- Core i7 (8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, non-touch) | €1,379 ($1,540)
- Core i7 (16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, touch) | €1,799 ($2,010)
- Core i7 (16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, touch) | €2,149 ($2,400)
However, the report cautions that information about these prices has originated from leaks other than Dell itself, so they could be false. The XPS 13 could be unveiled at Dell's event later this month and according to the leaker, it could start shipping in Europe as soon as November.