Microsoft's Surface line are considered by many to be the top of their class when it comes to a tablet hybrid PC, and it looks like overseas manufacturers have taken notice and created their own variation of the device.
Teclast, a company known for offering Windows and Android tablets, has released the X16. The X16 is a tablet device that runs Windows 10 and offers a magnetic keyboard cover. Although we have yet to get our hands on one, the detailed specifications look impressive with the 11-inch tablet offering a quad-core processor and 8GB RAM. The full details of the device have been listed below.
- 11.6-inch 1920x1080 IPS retina capacitive touch screen
- 14nm Intel Atom Cherry Trail Z8700 quad-core processor
- Intel HD Graphics Gen8 16EU
- 8GB LPDDR3 RAM with 64GB built-in storage (expandable)
- Front-facing 2.0MP camera and Rear 5.0MP camera
- Support for Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi, HDMI output and WiDi
- Windows 10 & Android 5.1
But, just like the real thing, the keyboard cover won't be included in the $425 price tag and will have to be purchased separately. I have reached out to the company to see how much the keyboard cover will cost, but judging by previous models, it should land somewhere around $30.
The Teclast X16 is now available for preorder for $425 USD and will arrive toward the tail end of November.