Thunderbird is a free, open-source, cross-platform application for managing email and news feeds. It is a local (rather than a web-based) email application that is powerful yet easy-to-use. Thunderbird is developed, tested, translated and supported by the folks at Mozilla Corporation and by a group of dedicated volunteers. Thunderbird gives you control and ownership over your email. There are lots of add-ons available for Thunderbird that enable you to extend and customize your email experience.
Thunderbird gives you IMAP/POP support, a built-in RSS reader, support for HTML mail, powerful quick search, saved search folders, advanced message filtering, message grouping, labels, return receipts, smart address book LDAP address completion, import tools, and the ability to manage multiple e-mail and newsgroup accounts.
Thunderbird 52.1.1 changes:
- Crash when compacting IMAP folder
- Some attachments can't be opened or saved if the message body is empty
- Unable to load full message via POP if message was downloaded partially (or only headers) before
- Large attachments may not be shown or saved correctly if the message is stored in an IMAP folder which is not synchronized for offline use
- Crash due to incompatibility with McAfee Anti-SPAM add-on. Workaround: Start in safe mode and disable McAfee Anti-Spam Extension
- Large number of blank pages being printed under certain circumstances
Download: Thunderbird 52.1.1 for Windows (EN/US) | 38.6 MB (Freeware)
Download: Thunderbird 52.1.1 for Linux (EN/US) | 48.9 MB
Download: Thunderbird 52.1.1 for Mac OS (EN/US) | 75.1 MB
Download: Thunderbird 52.1.1 in other languages
View: Thunderbird Website