Thunderbird is a free, open-source, cross-platform application for managing email and news feeds. It is a local (rather than a web-based) email application that is powerful yet easy-to-use. Thunderbird is developed, tested, translated and supported by the folks at Mozilla Corporation and by a group of dedicated volunteers. Thunderbird gives you control and ownership over your email. There are lots of add-ons available for Thunderbird that enable you to extend and customize your email experience.
Thunderbird gives you IMAP/POP support, a built-in RSS reader, support for HTML mail, powerful quick search, saved search folders, advanced message filtering, message grouping, labels, return receipts, smart address book LDAP address completion, import tools, and the ability to manage multiple e-mail and newsgroup accounts.
Thunderbird 60.3.3 changelog:
- Thunderbird 60 will migrate security databases (key3.db, cert8.db to key4.db, cert9.db). Thunderbird 60.3.2 and earlier contained a fault that potentially deleted saved passwords and private certificate keys for users using a master password. Version 60.3.3 will prevent the loss of data; affected users who have already upgraded to version 60.3.2 or earlier can restore the deleted key3.db file from backup to complete the migration.
- Address book search and auto-complete slowness introduced in Thunderbird 60.3.2
- Plain text markup with * for bold, / for italics, _ for underline and | for code did not work when the enclosed text contained non-ASCII characters
- While composing a message, a link not removed when link location was removed in the link properties panel
- Decoding problems for messages with less common charsets (cp932, cp936). This will be fixed in version 60.4.0.
CalDav access to some servers not working. Workaround: Set preference network.cookie.same-site.enabled to false.
Chat: Twitter not working due to API changes at Twitter.com
Download: Thunderbird 60.3.3 for Windows (EN/US) | 64-bit | ~35.0 MB (Open Source)
Download: Thunderbird 60.3.3 for Linux (EN/US) | 50.1 MB
Download: Thunderbird 60.3.3 for Mac OS (EN/US) | 48.8 MB
Download: Thunderbird 60.3.3 in other languages
Screenshots: Default | Dark | Light
View: Thunderbird Website | Release Notes
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware