Thunderbird is a free, open-source, cross-platform application for managing email and news feeds. It is a local (rather than a web-based) email application that is powerful yet easy-to-use. Thunderbird is developed, tested, translated and supported by the folks at Mozilla Corporation and by a group of dedicated volunteers. Thunderbird gives you control and ownership over your email. There are lots of add-ons available for Thunderbird that enable you to extend and customize your email experience.
Thunderbird gives you IMAP/POP support, a built-in RSS reader, support for HTML mail, powerful quick search, saved search folders, advanced message filtering, message grouping, labels, return receipts, smart address book LDAP address completion, import tools, and the ability to manage multiple e-mail and newsgroup accounts.
What's new in Thunderbird 68.2.1:
- A language for the user interface can now be chosen in the advanced settings (multilingual UI)
- Problem with Google authentication (OAuth2)
- Selected or unread messages not shown in the correct color in the thread pane (message list) under some circumstances
- When using a language pack, names of standard folders weren't localized
- Address book default startup directory in preferences panel not persisted
- Various visual glitches: Conditions in filter editor not high enough, folder location widget not showing folder name, problem with menubar customization, add-on home page links accumulating, theme issues on Windows 7
- Chat: Extended context menu on Instant messaging status dialog (Show Accounts)
- LDAP lookup not working when SSL is enabled. Workaround: Disable SSL or switch off option "Query OSCP responder servers" in the certificate settings in advanced options.
Download: Thunderbird 68.2.1 for Windows (EN/US) | 64-bit | ~35.0 MB (Open Source)
Download: Thunderbird 68.2.1 for Linux (EN/US) | 54.5 MB
Download: Thunderbird 68.2.1 for Mac OS (EN/US) | 56.2 MB
Download: Thunderbird 68.2.1 in other languages
Screenshots: Default | Dark | Light
View: Thunderbird Website | Release Notes
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware