Thunderbird is a free, open-source, cross-platform application for managing email and news feeds. It is a local (rather than a web-based) email application that is powerful yet easy-to-use. Thunderbird is developed, tested, translated and supported by the folks at Mozilla Corporation and by a group of dedicated volunteers. Thunderbird gives you control and ownership over your email. There are lots of add-ons available for Thunderbird that enable you to extend and customize your email experience.
Thunderbird gives you IMAP/POP support, a built-in RSS reader, support for HTML mail, powerful quick search, saved search folders, advanced message filtering, message grouping, labels, return receipts, smart address book LDAP address completion, import tools, and the ability to manage multiple e-mail and newsgroup accounts.
What's new in Thunderbird 78.2.2:
- Drag and Drop reordering of recipient pills now supported
- OpenPGP: Some signature states reported as "mismatch" now report "unknown"
Chat: Non-functional Twitter support removed
OpenPGP: Improvements to key importing when failures occur
OpenPGP: Decryption did not work with certain HTTP proxy configurations
OpenPGP: "Discover keys online" option did not work when searching for an email address
Email filters reported failure when moving a message to original folder
Message filters: Filters shown as enabled in configuration dialog were not always enabled
vCard 2.1 attachments not handled properly
Sending messages sometimes failed when recipients were in LDAP address book
Non-functional help menu items removed
Calendar: Event reminder details were unreadable
Windows 10 high-contrast theme fixes
More theme fixes and improvements
MailExtensions: Adding custom headers with mail.compose.other.header did not work
- Selecting "Cancel" on the Master Password prompt at startup incorrectly reports corrupted OpenPGP data.
- Thunderbird version 78.2.2 is only offered as direct download from thunderbird.net and not as an upgrade from Thunderbird version 68 or earlier. A future release will provide updates from earlier versions. Automatic updates are available for users already running version 78.0 or higher.
- Add-on support: As of version 78.0, Thunderbird only supports MailExtensions. Your favorite add-ons may not have been updated for compatibility.
Download: Thunderbird 78.2.2 for Windows (EN/US) | 64-bit | ~35.0 MB (Open Source)
Download: Thunderbird 78.2.2 for Linux (EN/US) | 55.5 MB
Download: Thunderbird 78.2.2 for Mac OS (EN/US) | 66.4 MB
Download: Thunderbird 78.2.2 in other languages
View: Thunderbird Website | Release Notes | Screenshot
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware