Designed for those who need to have many applications open simultaneously, TidyTabs brings web browser-style tabs to any application. Ever wanted to have Chrome-style tabs in Windows Explorer, Microsoft Office or PuTTY? TidyTabs does just that. It integrates nicely with the OS and you will feel like the multi-tab functionality is a core part of Windows.
TidyTabs makes windows management easier by allowing you to group several windows from an application into a single tabbed window, taking the simplicity of web browser tabs and making it available for any application on your computer.
Compatible with all Windows versions, from Windows 7 to Windows 10, 32-bit and 64-bit.
Discreet and smart
TidyTabs try to be as stealthy and non-distracting as possible. The tabs are hidden automatically when you don't need them, so that they don't get in your way. When they need to be visible, they stay semi-transparent until you actively use them.
If one aspect of TidyTabs doesn’t suit you, you can change it. Every single function of TidyTabs can be configured or disabled thanks to a very simple configuration interface.
Tiny and clean
A shell enhancement tool should assist you without slowing down your computer. That's why the core of TidyTabs is composed of highly optimized native code, with no compromise on stability and performance. It uses very little memory and nearly no CPU. TidyTabs is clean, easy to install and easy to uninstall.
TidyTabs is 100% free for a personal use. The free version is limited to 3 tabs. To use TidyTabs in a professional or commercial context, please purchase the Professional Edition.
Changes in TidyTabs 1.6.0:
- Close tab button at the right of the tabs.
- New tab button at the right of the tabs.
- New entry in the tab's right-click menu to create a new tab.
- New keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+Win+T by default) to create a new tab.
- Fixed: Application crashing when you double-click on a tab and try to drag it.
TidyTabs 1.6.1 fixes:
- Fixed a problem with the Exclusion list.
TidyTabs 1.7.0 changelog:
- Preview content by hovering over a tab.
- For maximized windows, we added a small delay before the appearing of the tabs to prevent accidental clicking on a tab when you want to click on the titlebar.
- Fixed: When auto-grouping is enabled, the 'New tab' function sometimes adds the new tab to the wrong group.
- Fixed: Drag & Drop preview briefly appearing at the top-right of the screen when you detach a tab.
- Fixed: Incorrect ratio of the Drag & Drop preview.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware