TinyWall is a free software to harden and control the advanced firewall built into modern Windows systems. TinyWall lets you work while protecting you. No annoying popups and simple configuration.
What makes TinyWall special?
TinyWall includes a combination of features that sets it apart from both commercial and freeware firewalls.
- TinyWall does not annoy you with popups at all, yet it is still extremely easy to add exceptions to your firewall rules.
- TinyWall actively blocks hundreds of trojans, viruses and worms.
- TinyWall does not require you to know about ports, protocols and application details.
- TinyWall makes use of network zones, allowing you to specify different behaviour when you're at home, at work or in the public.
- TinyWall prevents malicious programs from modifying the settings of Windows Firewall.
- TinyWall uses Windows' own firewall for filtering and does not install drivers or other kernel components.
- Multiple and easy ways to whitelist programs
- Automatic learning mode
- Firewall tampering protection
- Password lockdown of settings
- Quick modes, like Normal protection, Allow outgoing, Block all, Allow all and Learning mode
- Support for temporary/timed firewall rules
- Port and domain blocklists
- Hosts file protection
- Option to always allow communication within LAN
- Option to restrict an application to the LAN
- Recognition of safe software and impostors
- Full IPv6 support
- List established and blocked connections
- View open ports on your machine
- 100% free and clean software. No fees, no ads, no paid upgrades.
TinyWall 3.0.8 changelog:
- Add workaround for "grey icon on Win7" issue
- Note: On affected systems icon will appear with considerable delay after boot.
- This is expected and does not affect start of firewall protection.
- Fix WMI leak when mountpoints change
- Fix GUI crash if mountpoints change after changing the GUI language
- Fix service crash if pipe command results in uncaught exception
- Fix windows are potentially invisible if virtual desktop size changes
- Fix text placement in pt-BR localization
- Make dependency on eventlog service optional
- Updated Italian localization
- Updated application database
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware