Tixati is a free and easy to use BitTorrent client featuring detailed views of all seed, peer, and file transfer properties. Also included are powerful bandwidth charting and throttling capabilities, and a full DHT implementation.
Why choose Tixati?
Tixati is one of the most advanced and flexible BitTorrent clients available. And unlike many other clients, Tixati contains NO SPYWARE, NO ADS, and NO GIMMICKS.
Tixati has the following features:
- detailed views of all aspects of the swarm, including peers, pieces, files, and trackers
- support for magnet links, so no need to download .torrent files if a simple magnet-link is available
- super-efficient peer choking/unchoking algorithms ensure the fastest downloads
- peer connection encryption for added security
- full DHT (Distributed Hash Table) implementation for trackerless torrents, including detailed message traffic graphs and customizable event logging
- advanced bandwidth charting of overall traffic and per-transfer traffic, with separate classification of protocol and file bytes, and with separate classification of outbound traffic for trading and seeding
- highly flexible bandwidth throttling, including trading/seeding proportion adjustment and adjustable priority for individual transfers and peers
- bitfield graphs that show the completeness of all downloaded files, what pieces other peers have available, and the health of the overall swarm
- customizable event logging for each download, and individual event logs for all peers within the swarm
- expert local file management functions which allow you to move files to a different partition even while downloading is still in progress
- 100% compatible with the BitTorrent protocol
- Windows and Linux-GTK native versions available
Tixati 1.85 release notes:
This version introduces a new fully-decentralized media streaming technology, and several other improvements and fixes throughout the program. A native Windows 64-bit build is now available. For users with 64-bit systems, this new build will deliver noticeably improved performance. Tixatis already fully-decentralized channels now feature the ability to efficiently stream audio and/or video to all other users in the channel. Our groundbreaking streaming technology is built around mixed-coefficient linear network coding, which provides significantly higher swarm throughput than all other conventional methods. Coded blocks are also secured against tampering by downstream peers via a combination of elliptic-curve and lattice-based homomorphic signatures. This is the worlds first practical implementation of fully-decentralized network-coded streaming. More information about the streaming technology and how you can listen or make your own stream can be found on the streaming help page.
Update: Tixati version 1.86 is now available. This is a minor update that fixes a few display formatting problems in the bandwidth and DHT charts.