Protect your privacy. Defend yourself against network surveillance and traffic analysis.
Tor is a network of virtual tunnels that allows people and groups to improve their privacy and security on the Internet. The Tor software protects you by bouncing your communications around a distributed network of relays run by volunteers all around the world: it prevents somebody from watching your Internet connection and learning what sites you visit, it prevents the sites you visit from learning your physical location, and it lets you access sites which are blocked.
The Tor Browser Bundle lets you use Tor on Windows, Mac OS X, or Linux without needing to install any software. It can run off a USB flash drive, comes with a pre-configured web browser to protect your anonymity, and is self-contained.
Tor Browser 10.0 release notes:
Windows + OS X + Linux
- Update Firefox to 78.3.0esr
- Update Tor to 0.4.4.5
- Update Tor Launcher to 0.2.25
- Bug 32174: Replace XUL
- Bug 33890: Rename XUL files to XHTML
- Bug 33862: Fix usages of createTransport API
- Bug 33906: Fix Tor-Launcher issues for Firefox 75
- Bug 33998: Use CSS grid instead of XUL grid
- Bug 34164: Tor Launcher deadlocks during startup (Firefox 77)
- Bug 34206: Tor Launcher button labels are missing (Firefox 76)
- Bug 40002: After rebasing to 80.0b2 moat is broken
- Translations update
Update NoScript to 11.0.44
- Bug 40093: Youtube videos on safer produce an error [full release notes]
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware