Protect your privacy. Defend yourself against network surveillance and traffic analysis.
Tor is a network of virtual tunnels that allows people and groups to improve their privacy and security on the Internet. The Tor software protects you by bouncing your communications around a distributed network of relays run by volunteers all around the world: it prevents somebody from watching your Internet connection and learning what sites you visit, it prevents the sites you visit from learning your physical location, and it lets you access sites which are blocked.
The Tor Browser Bundle lets you use Tor on Windows, Mac OS X, or Linux without needing to install any software. It can run off a USB flash drive, comes with a pre-configured web browser to protect your anonymity, and is self-contained.
Tor Browser 8.0.5 changelog (all platforms)
- Update Firefox to 60.5.0esr
- Update Tor to 0.3.5.7
- Update Torbutton to 2.0.10
- Bug 29035: Clean up our donation campaign and add newsletter sign-up link
- Bug 27175: Add pref to allow users to persist custom noscript settings
- Update HTTPS Everywhere to 2019.1.7
- Update NoScript to 10.2.1
- Bug 28873: Cascading of permissions is broken
- Bug 28720: Some videos are blocked outright on higher security levels
- Bug 26540: Enabling pdfjs disableRange option prevents pdfs from loading
- Bug 28740: Adapt Windows navigator.platform value on 64-bit systems
- Bug 28695: Set default security.pki.name_matching_mode to enforce (3)
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware