Protect your privacy. Defend yourself against network surveillance and traffic analysis.
Tor is a network of virtual tunnels that allows people and groups to improve their privacy and security on the Internet. The Tor software protects you by bouncing your communications around a distributed network of relays run by volunteers all around the world: it prevents somebody from watching your Internet connection and learning what sites you visit, it prevents the sites you visit from learning your physical location, and it lets you access sites which are blocked.
The Tor Browser Bundle lets you use Tor on Windows, Mac OS X, or Linux without needing to install any software. It can run off a USB flash drive, comes with a pre-configured web browser to protect your anonymity, and is self-contained.
The full changelog since Tor Browser 8.5 is:
- Update Torbutton to 2.1.10
- Bug 30565: Sync nocertdb with privatebrowsing.autostart at startup
- Bug 30464: Add WebGL to safer descriptions
- Translations update
- Update NoScript to 10.6.2
- Bug 29969: Remove workaround for Mozilla's bug 1532530
- Update HTTPS Everywhere to 2019.5.13
- Bug 30541: Disable WebGL readPixel() for web content
Windows + OS X + Linux
- Bug 30560: Better match actual toolbar in onboarding toolbar graphic
- Bug 30635: Sync mobile default bridges list with desktop one
- Build SystemAll platforms
- Bug 30480: Check that signed tag contains expected tag name
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware