Protect your privacy. Defend yourself against network surveillance and traffic analysis.
Tor is a network of virtual tunnels that allows people and groups to improve their privacy and security on the Internet. The Tor software protects you by bouncing your communications around a distributed network of relays run by volunteers all around the world: it prevents somebody from watching your Internet connection and learning what sites you visit, it prevents the sites you visit from learning your physical location, and it lets you access sites which are blocked.
The Tor Browser Bundle lets you use Tor on Windows, Mac OS X, or Linux without needing to install any software. It can run off a USB flash drive, comes with a pre-configured web browser to protect your anonymity, and is self-contained.
Tor Browser 8.5.4 release notes:
- Update Firefox to 60.8.0esr
- Update Torbutton to 2.1.12
- Bug 30577: Add Fundraising Banner
- Bug 31041: Stop syncing network.cookie.lifetimePolicy
- Translations update
- Update HTTPS Everywhere to 2019.6.27
- Bug 31055+31058: Remove four default bridges
- Bug 30712: Backport fix for Mozilla's bug 1552993
- Bug 30849: Backport fixes for Mozilla's bug 1552627 and 1549833
Windows + OS X + Linux
- Update Tor to 0.4.0.5
- Update OpenSSL to 1.0.2s
- Bug 29045: Ensure that tor does not start up in dormant mode
- Bug 30631: Blurry Tor Browser icon on macOS app switcher
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware