Total Commander is a file manager for Windows, a program like Windows Explorer to copy, move or delete files. However, Total Commander can do much more than Explorer, e.g. pack and unpack files, access ftp servers, compare files by content, etc!
Here are some features of Total Commander:
* Both 32 bit and 16 bit versions available!
* Long filenames in Windows 95/98 and Windows NT (16 and 32-bit version)!
* Direct access to Network Neighbourhood
* Supports Drag & Drop with Explorer/the Desktop etc.
* Command line for starting of programs with parameters, simply by typing the program name or by pressing CTRL+ENTER or CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER.
* Configurable button bar and Start menu (User-defined commands) to place your frequently used DOS or Windows programs into a drop-down menu. The actual directory and/or the file under the cursor can be delivered to the application.
* Configurable main menu.
* Built in file viewer (Lister) to viewfiles of ANY SIZE in hex, binary or text format, using either theASCII- (DOS) or the ANSI- (Windows) character set. The line width andfont size can now be changed. You can even view files inside archives!New: Support for Unicode UTF-8 format.
* Bitmap viewer in Lister, additional formats through Irfanview
* HTML- and Unicode-Viewer in Lister and more....
Features in Total Commander 7.01 now include:
* Two file windows side by side
* Multiple language support
* Enhanced search function
* Compare files (now with editor) / synchronize directories
* Quick View panel with bitmap display
* ZIP, ARJ, LZH, RAR, UC2, TAR, GZ, CAB, ACE archive handling + plugins
* Built-in FTP client with FXP (server to server) and HTTP proxy support
* Parallel port link, multi-rename tool
* Tabbed interface, regular expressions, history+favorites buttons
* Thumbnails view, custom columns, enhanced search
* New: Updated interface+icons, compare editor, cursor in lister, separate trees, logging, enhanced overwrite dialog etc.
* And many more!