Transmission is a BitTorrent client for the Mac and Linux operating systems. It is the most popular client on Mac OS X and the default BitTorrent client on many Unix and Linux distributions, including Ubuntu, Mandriva, Fedora and OpenSuse. Although open source and technically cross-platform in nature, the developers of Transmission have not released a Windows version of the software yet.
Transmission-Qt Win is an unofficial Windows build of Transmission which features a simple interface on top of the cross-platform back-end. The interface and functions of the Windows port is identical to that found on the Mac and Linux counterpart. Transmission is a pretty advanced BitTorrent client with powerful features, most of these already available on uTorrent and similar software with the exception of blocking bad peers with a blacklist.
What's new in this version:
- Unofficial release (reports version 2.82 to peers).
- Fixed error renaming a file which is a prefix of other file(s).
- Added recovery from communication error to daemon.
- Tray caption for daemon communication error fixed.
- Fixed auto-size of columns in details panel.
- Added remember size & position to details panel.
- Built with gcc 6.9.0, using Qt 4.8.6, DBUS 1.8.2.
- Installer built with InstallBuilder 9.0.0.