Transmission is a BitTorrent client for the Mac and Linux operating systems. It is the most popular client on Mac OS X and the default BitTorrent client on many Unix and Linux distributions, including Ubuntu, Mandriva, Fedora and OpenSuse. Although open source and technically cross-platform in nature, the developers of Transmission have not released a Windows version of the software yet.
Transmission-Qt Win is an unofficial Windows build of Transmission which features a simple interface on top of the cross-platform back-end. The interface and functions of the Windows port is identical to that found on the Mac and Linux counterpart. Transmission is a pretty advanced BitTorrent client with powerful features, most of these already available on uTorrent and similar software with the exception of blocking bad peers with a blacklist.
Transmission-Qt Win 2.84.9 release notes:
Local (unofficial) release (shows version 2.84).
- Fix spurious stopped announce (similar patch to cfp p2p's on ticket #5092).
- Added SSL support for remote sessions (similar patch to kreed's on ticket #5412).
- Added automatic redirection when remote session's daemon has a modified path.
- Fixed sparse .part file allocation.
- Built with gcc 6.1.0. - Using curl 7.48.0.
- Using OpenSSL 1.0.2h.
- Installer built with InstallBuilder 16.4.0.