Both versions of the popular Truecaller dialer app for Windows 10 Mobile and Windows Phone 8 have been updated with a redesign and new features. The Windows 10 version no longer carries the beta designation, after launching last month.
Here’s what’s new in Truecaller for Windows 10 Mobile, in addition to what was released in September:
- Call history auto-populate: If you’re new to the app, your existing call history will populate along with any info Truecaller can provide via crowdsourcing, its own database and Yelp.
- New blocking features: Make your own block list; block hidden and private numbers as well.
- After Call ID: Notifications appear after you end a call, making it easy to remember who called, save a new contact, or report spam without having to find and launch the app.
- New design: Most screens have been updated, including call history and discover tabs.
- Profile Details: Each contact will populate with available photos and contact info in a newly-designed card, including a map if an address is available.
The Windows Phone 8 version has also been updated to version 5.1 (screen shots below). The major revision includes most of the features of the Windows 10 Mobile version, though it has some catching up to do. But there is a new design throughout the app, including a new contact card, live spam reporting and real-time call blocking from a list you create.
The app is also available on Android, iPhone, BlackBerry, Symbian and Nokia Series 40.