Tired of unchecking unrelated offers while installing software? Have you ever felt, while installing software, that the installer tries to push additional unwanted programs at all cost? Ever missed a checkbox, and spent hours afterwards removing adware? Ever opened your browser after an installation, only to find out that you have a new homepage, a new search engine, or even a new browser? Unchecky aims to keep potentially unwanted programs out of your computer.
Unchecky’s primary feature is automatic unchecking of unrelated offers, such as potentially unwanted programs, offers to change your homepage or your search engine. With Unchecky, these offers become opt-in instead of opt-out, i.e. they will be installed only if you explicitly choose you want them (you usually don’t).
Another important feature of Unchecky is that it warns when you accept a potentially unwanted offer. Installers often provide them as a natural part of the installation, so they can easily be accepted by mistake. With Unchecky, it’s less likely to accidentally accept such offers.
Unchecky is not an universal solution, and might not support installers which were not released yet. Thus, it’s worth noting that Unchecky updates automatically, so you don’t have to worry about running the latest version.
Changes in Unchecky 1.1:
- Added an option to exclude selected programs, so that they won't be handled by Unchecky.
- Added an option to create (or not create) a desktop icon during installation.
- Added support for handling offers in the Microsoft Edge browser, and improved support for Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Made Unchecky use a constant path during an update, so that it can be whitelisted in security software such as the Windows Firewall.
- Added support for DVDStyler.
- Improved support for GOM Player.
- Improved support for μTorrent.
- Improved support for Baixaki Downloader.
- Improved support for offers which appear in multiple installers (including iFunbox, Cheat Engine, and EaseUS Todo Backup).
- Removed several false positive detections (WinSCP, Debugging Tools for Windows, MPC-HC, and Reg Organizer).
- Fixed a compatibility issue with PRO100.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware