Universal Media Server is a DLNA-compliant UPnP Media Server. UMS was started by SubJunk, an official developer of PMS, in order to ensure greater stability and file-compatibility. The program streams or transcodes many different media formats with little or no configuration. It is powered by MEncoder, FFmpeg, tsMuxeR, AviSynth, MediaInfo and more, which combine to offer support for a wide range of media formats. Because it is written in Java, Universal Media Server supports all major operating systems, with versions for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.
To see a comparison of popular media servers, click here.
Changes since 7.0.0:
- Improved thumbnail support
- Improved folder scanning speed
- Reduced memory use during folder scanning
- Fixed fully played feature on clean installs
- Fixed tsMuxeR FFmpeg support
- Updated UMS.conf with changes from 7.0.0
- Updated German, Italian, Norwegian, Russian and Swedish translations via Crowdin
Added support for Roku TV (NSP 8)
Improved support for Roku 3
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware