Universal Media Server is a DLNA-compliant UPnP Media Server. UMS was started by SubJunk, an official developer of PMS, in order to ensure greater stability and file-compatibility. The program streams or transcodes many different media formats with little or no configuration. It is powered by MEncoder, FFmpeg, tsMuxeR, AviSynth, MediaInfo and more, which combine to offer support for a wide range of media formats. Because it is written in Java, Universal Media Server supports all major operating systems, with versions for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.
To see a comparison of popular media servers, click here.
Universal Media Server 9.5.0 changelog:
- Significant improvements to scanning and browsing speed and resource use
- Fixed episode titles in the Media Library
- Fixed aspect ratio validation
- Added more automatic regression tests for file format detection
- Added support for Vimu Player on Amazon Fire TV Stick (thanks, nouse and Nadahar!)
Translation updates via Crowdin:
- Dutch (92%)
- Turkish (100%)
- 7zipj from 9.20-2.00 to 16.02-2.01
- assertj-core from 3.16.0 to 3.16.1
- junrar from 1.0.1 to 4.0.0
- oshi-core from 5.0.1 to 5.1.0
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware