Microsoft recently began rolling out an update for the Lumia 950 and the 950 XL in various parts of the world, and now it seems to be available for the unlocked 950 XL in the US and Canada.
According to Windows Central, the build that is being seeded to the smartphone in the mentioned countries carries the firmware version number 01078.00027.15506.02005 and the hardware revision number is 220.127.116.11.
The changes, previously revealed to be part of the update by Microsoft, are as follows:
- Stability and performance improvements.
- Improvements for SD memory card support.
- Improvements for automatic display brightness settings.
- Fix for a camera problem that was causing noisy images in low-light conditions for some users.
- Fix for a 4K video problem that was causing stripes to show up while playing back recorded videos for some users.
Although, AT&T recently revealed that Microsoft can bypass the carrier's approval process to deliver updates to Windows 10 Mobile devices, the latest firmware update only seems to be available for unlocked devices.
If you have installed the latest update and come across any changes other than those mentioned here do leave a comment.
Source: Windows Central