While Plex for Xbox One initially required an active Plex Pass in order to be able to use the app, that changed towards the end of 2015 when the company removed that restriction from all of its console apps, making it a more accessible choice for the masses. In the interim, the app has received a number of updates one of which included a facelift late last year as well as Plex News, which initially appeared on other platforms last year but eventually appeared on Xbox One this March.
Now, a new update for the Xbox One app has been released that adds some interface refinements as well as a number of bug fixes:
- Automatically sort dashboard buttons based on which types the user has access to
- Added menu in settings to reorder and show/hide media types
- Added AdChoices link to Privacy settings
- Removed errant app settings section
- Fixed an issue that could cause dashboard pages to fail to load while the app is offline
- Fixed an issue that could cause the UI to become unresponsive when browsing News settings
- Fixed album preplay sometimes wrapping titles off screen
- Fixed video direct play setting incorrectly affecting music playback
- Fixed Cloud Sync server library names not showing up in source modal
- Fixed lost focus when opening User Menu while offline
- Fixed inconsistency with Mark as Played string naming
If not already triggered, you can manually update the app via the Microsoft Store on Xbox One by visiting the store listing directly. Otherwise, if you've not already checked it out, you can grab it for free as well as the corresponding Plex Media Server software that will enable you to start streaming content from a designated computer.