µTorrent is an efficient and feature rich BitTorrent client for Windows sporting a very small footprint. It was designed to use as little CPU, memory and space as possible while offering all the functionality expected from advanced clients.
Micro-Sized Yet Feature Filled
Most of the features present in other BitTorrent clients are present in µTorrent, including bandwidth prioritization, scheduling, RSS auto-downloading and Mainline DHT (compatible with BitComet). Additionally, µTorrent supports the Protocol Encryption joint specification (compatible with Azureus 184.108.40.206 and above, BitComet 0.63 and above) and peer exchange.
µTorrent was written with efficiency in mind. Unlike many torrent clients, it does not hog valuable system resources - typically using less than 6MB of memory, allowing you to use the computer as if it weren't there at all. Additionally, the program itself is contained within a single executable less than 220 KB in size.
Skinnable and Localized
Various icon, toolbar graphic and status icon replacements are available, and creating your own is very simple. µTorrent also has support for localization, and with a language file present, will automatically switch to your system language. If your language isn't available, you can easily add your own, or edit other existing translations to improve them!
Actively Developed and Improved
The developer puts in a lot of time working on features and making things more user-friendly. Releases only come out when they're ready, with no schedule pressures, so the few bugs that appear are quickly addressed and fixed.
- Show when files are allocating instead of disk overloa
- Make the user interface use less CPU
- Refresh Add Torrent dialog with magnet link metadata
- Fix: fix dht vote announce issue
- Fix: internet explorer legacy toolbar pairing, was failing to pair
- Fix: make the toolbar pairing dialog become the foreground window, while pairing
- Fix: crash when opening containing folder for too many torrents
- Feature: when opening magnet link, improve 'chasing arrows' icon
- Fix: Toolbar pairing works again, was broken in 3.2
- Fix: removed codec column from torrent list
- Fix: improved file access - memory efficient file I/O
- Feature: added new BitTorrent Certified device icons and text
- Fix: startup crash when settings.dat was corrupt