VidCoder is a DVD/Blu-ray ripping and video transcoding application for Windows. It uses HandBrake as its encoding engine. Calling directly into the HandBrake library gives it a more rich UI than the official HandBrake Windows GUI. VidCoder can rip DVDs but does not defeat the CSS encryption found in most commercial DVDs.
- MP4, MKV containers
- H.264 encoding with x264, the world’s best video encoder
- Completely integrated encoding pipeline: everything is in one process and no huge intermediate temporary files
- H.265, MPEG-4, MPEG-2, VP8, Theora video
- AAC, MP3, Vorbis, AC3, FLAC audio encoding and AAC/AC3/MP3/DTS/DTS-HD passthrough
- Target bitrate, size or quality for video
- 2-pass encoding
- Decomb, detelecine, deinterlace, rotate, reflect filters
- Batch encoding
- Instant source previews
- Creates small encoded preview clips
- Pause, resume encoding
Changes in VidCoder 2.60:
- Fixed issue where a manually entered destination could get clobbered if switching to another window while focus is still on destination box.
- Fixed issue where we did not add audio frame overhead in audio size calculation when "Same as Source" sample rate was picked, which caused incorrect video size calculation.
- Fixed crash when switching to a picker with a renamed encoding preset.
- Fixed potential crash when closing the app and stopping an encode.
- Updated translations.
- Next up: Starting the Beta releases for v3
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware