VidCoder is a DVD/Blu-ray ripping and video transcoding application for Windows. It uses HandBrake as its encoding engine. Calling directly into the HandBrake library gives it a more rich UI than the official HandBrake Windows GUI. VidCoder can rip DVDs but does not defeat the CSS encryption found in most commercial DVDs.
- MP4, MKV containers
- H.264 encoding with x264, the world’s best video encoder
- Completely integrated encoding pipeline: everything is in one process and no huge intermediate temporary files
- H.265, MPEG-4, MPEG-2, VP8, Theora video
- AAC, MP3, Vorbis, AC3, FLAC audio encoding and AAC/AC3/MP3/DTS/DTS-HD passthrough
- Target bitrate, size or quality for video
- 2-pass encoding
- Decomb, detelecine, deinterlace, rotate, reflect filters
- Batch encoding
- Instant source previews
- Creates small encoded preview clips
- Pause, resume encoding
Changes in VidCoder 2.63:
Fixed possible scan issue where the feature title is not available in the list of titles.
Fixed bug causing denoise tune to not apply.
Fixed crash that could occur when searching for backup database.
Fixed issue where job count becomes incorrect after editing a queue item.
Fixed issue with switching to MP4 container with non-supported encoder selected.
Fixed potential culture issues with string interpolation.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware