Virgin Media - one of the UK's largest internet service providers, as well as offering TV, mobile, and landline telephony services - has announced the launch of a new app for its millions of customers across the country.
Somewhat ambitiously, the company says that the new My Virgin Media app "allows customers to get more from their Virgin Media experience", also describing it as "a handy sidekick for all customers".
The reality, however, is that this is a fairly run-of-the-mill account management app that offers little to get customers particularly excited. Its key features include:
- Summary of the Virgin Media account and package
- View recent transactions and bill balance
- Make credit and debit card payments
- Check the service status (and if there are issues, details of when this will be fixed)
- Get help and support (such as WiFi tips, trouble-shooting broadband and TV issues, and much more)
Virgin Media customers will no doubt appreciate having this functionality available for their mobile devices, especially when you consider that its rivals - like Sky, BT, EE, Vodafone, and pretty much every other major TV or phone company in the UK - have offered similar mobile apps for years.
The My Virgin Media app is now available to download free from Apple's App Store (requires iOS 9 or newer), or the Google Play Store (for Android 5.0 Lollipop or newer). If you own a Windows phone, you should really be accustomed to not having app support by now - even Microsoft's own apps are ditching support for its mobile OS.
Source: Virgin Media