If you're thinking about switching over to Virgin Mobile, you'd better like iPhones, because that's about to be your only option with the Sprint subsidiary. Virgin announced today that it's partnering with Apple to be the first iPhone-exclusive carrier.
The company will be offering the full lineup of iPhones, including the SE, 6, 6s, 6s Plus, 7, and 7 Plus. There's no word about cellular iPads, and it looks like that's not changing anytime soon.
If you switch over to the carrier with your phone number and buy an iPhone, it's offering a deal where you'll get 12 months of unlimited talk, text, and data for $1. After that, the unlimited plan will cost $50 per month. As with most unlimited plans, it does get throttled after a certain point, and with Virgin Mobile, that's 23GB.
There are also a number of other perks of being a Virgin Mobile subscriber:
- Get a free companion ticket to the UK on Virgin Atlantic when you buy a ticket so you can explore together.
- Embrace your inner wine snob—Virgin Wines has a great selection of the finest bottles that ship straight to your door. As an Inner Circle member, you’ll get 15 bottles (worth over $230) for just $59.99.
- Book two nights at a Virgin Hotels location and get a third night at no charge.
- Save up to 20% when you buy a ticket on Virgin America or Alaska Airlines.
- Save 20% when you register for the Virgin Sport event in San Francisco, October 13-15.
You can pre-order your new iPhone from Virgin Mobile today, and they will begin shipping on June 27.