VirtualBox is a powerful x86 and AMD64/Intel64 virtualization product for enterprise as well as home use. Targeted at server, desktop and embedded use, it is now the only professional-quality virtualization solution that is also Open Source Software.
Some of the features of VirtualBox are:
- Modularity. VirtualBox has an extremely modular design with well-defined internal programming interfaces and a client/server design. This makes it easy to control it from several interfaces at once: for example, you can start a virtual machine in a typical virtual machine GUI and then control that machine from the command line, or possibly remotely. VirtualBox also comes with a full Software Development Kit: even though it is Open Source Software, you don't have to hack the source to write a new interface for VirtualBox.
- Virtual machine descriptions in XML. The configuration settings of virtual machines are stored entirely in XML and are independent of the local machines. Virtual machine definitions can therefore easily be ported to other computers.
VirtualBox 6.0.10 is a maintenance release. The following items were fixed and/or added:
- User interface: fix issue inputing controller names (bug #11579)
- User interface: fix resize problems with recent Linux hosts (bug #18677)
- Serial: fixed guru meditation when raw mode is enabled (bug #18632)
- Serial: fixed possible VM crash under certain circumstances
- USB: Fixed "unrecoverable error" problems in OHCI emulation (bug #18593, 6.0.6 regression)
- USB: improve captured device identification
- VBoxManage: fix reversed reporting of audio input and output (thank you Socratis Kalogrianitis)
- VBoxManage: fix controlling recording for running machine (bug #18723)
- Guest control service: various fixes
- Windows hosts: fix problems copying files from shared folders (bug #18569)
- Linux hosts: kernel module build fixes for various kernels (bug #18316)
- Linux hosts: support UEFI secure boot driver signing on Ubuntu and Debian hosts (bug #11577)
- Linux hosts: fix focus grabbing problems with recent Qt versions (builds from source only; thank you Fabian Vogt (SUSE) and Larry Finger; bug #18745)
- Windows guests: many shared folders fixes
- Windows guests: fix other services failing if seamless mode was not available
- Linux guests: kernel module build fixes for various kernels (bugs #18677 and #18697; fixes by Larry Finger and Gianfranco Costamagna)
- Linux guests: do not try to load old versions of libcrypt on recent guests in Guest Additions tools (bug #18682)
- Linux guests: udev rules for guest kernel modules did not always take effect in time
- Linux guests/VMSVGA: do not forget the guest screen size after a guest reboot
- OS/2 guests: various shared folder fixes
VirtualBox 6.0.10 Oracle VM VirtualBox Extension Pack:
Support for USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 devices, VirtualBox RDP, disk encryption, NVMe and PXE boot for Intel cards. See this chapter from the User Manual for an introduction to this Extension Pack. The Extension Pack binaries are released under the VirtualBox Personal Use and Evaluation License (PUEL). Please install the same version extension pack as your installed version of VirtualBox.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware