VLC Media Player is a highly portable multimedia player for various audio and video formats (MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, mp3, ogg, ...) as well as DVDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols. It can also be used as a server to stream in unicast or multicast in IPv4 or IPv6 on a high-bandwidth network.
VLC plays absolutely anything. It supports an enormous number of multimedia formats, and does not require you to download additional codecs. VLC features a complete streaming server, with extended features like video on demand, on-the-fly transcoding, granular speed controls, frame-by-frame advancement and more. It can also be used as a server for unicast or multicast streams in IPv4 or IPv6 on a high-bandwidth network.
VLC Media Player now features fully customizable toolbars, customizable Skins, supports playback for broken files as well as zipped files, and so much more.
VLC Media Player 3.0.5 changelog:
- Improve RTSP playback
- BluRay fixes and improvements, notably for menus and seeking
- Improve the UDP/RTP truncated issue
- Add a new AV1 decoder based on dav1d library
- Enable libaom decoder by default
- Fix decoding of some HEVC streams with macOS hardware decoding
- MP4: Fix reading of some HDR metadata
- Miscellaneous AV1 demuxing improvements
- Fix CAF integer-underflow
- Fix an MKV crash on iOS 12.0, on iPhone XS phones
- Add an AV1 packetizer
- Starting with VLC 3.0.5, VLC will be distributed with runtime hardening
- enabled on macOS Mojave.
- All external VLC plugins need to be signed by a DeveloperID certificate in order
- to continue working with the official VLC package.
- Update the VLC dark UI to better match the dark mode of macOS Mojave
- Fix convert & save panel stream option
- Fix corking when the playback state is paused
- Improve corking on Android
- Fix Direct3D11 tone-mapping when HDR is displayed on an SDR screen
- More accurate colors for SD sources in Direct3D11
- Disable hardware decoding on some old Intel GPUs
- Fix zero-copy GPU acceleration on AMD RX Vega
- Misc Direct3D11 fixes
- Improve ChromeCast
- Update numerous 3rd party libraries, including for minor security issues
- Update Youtube support
- Fix subtitles rendering with specific fonts with negative horizontal advance
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware