VMware Workstation provides a seamless way to access all of the virtual machines you need, regardless of where they are running. Remotely connect to virtual machines running on VMware vSphere, ESXi or another copy of VMware Workstation. Workstation’s web interface lets you access local and server hosted virtual machines from your PC, smart phone, tablet or any device with a modern browser. Run applications on multiple operating systems including Linux, Windows and more at the same time on the same PC without rebooting. Evaluate and test new operating systems, applications and patches in an isolated environment.
Take Your Productivity to the Next Level
- Run applications on multiple operating systems including Linux, Windows and more at the same time on the same PC without rebooting.
- Evaluate and test new operating systems, applications and patches in an isolated environment.
- Demonstrate complex software applications on a single laptop in a repeatable, reliable manner.
- Consolidate multiple computers running web servers, database servers, etc. onto a single machine.
- Build reference architectures for evaluation before deploying into production.
- Simply drag and drop to move your virtual machines from your PC to vSphere, or the cloud.
VMware Workstation Pro 16.1.0 support for new host/guest operating systems:
- Windows 10 20H2
- Ubuntu 20.10
- Fedora 33
- RHEL 8.3
- Updated vctl kind to support KIND v0.9.0
- Includes docker-machine-driver-vmware
The Exporting Cluster Logs functionality in kind does not work. The user cannot use kind to export cluster logs for exploring. This issue is resolved.
Cannot power on VM running on the old workstation or ESXi server by connecting to the server. While connecting to the old version of VMware Workstation or VMware ESXi servers to power on a remoting virtual machine, the following error displays: Unable to connect to the MKS: vim.fault.GenericVmConfigFault. This issue is resolved.
Cannot start the virtual machine after upgrade to VMWare Workstation 16.0 on openSuSE 15.1 Leap Host. The virtual machine is not able to start. Every machine hangs at the "waiting for connection" phase. This issue is resolved.
Virtual machine won't start when enhanced keyboard is set to "Required" in VMware Workstation 16.0 . The virtual machine boot up on the Microsoft Windows host takes long time and it appears as if the virtual machine does not start when the enhanced keyboard is set to "Required". This issue is resolved.
Product Support Notices
- Deprecation of the Shared virtual machine feature - The Shared virtual machine feature (VMware Workstation as server) is being deprecated. It will remain in its present form for the remainder of the VMware Workstation 16 product life. This feature will be not available in a future release.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware