This Weekend's PC Game Deals is where the hottest gaming deals are amassed into an easy to follow format, every week, from all over the internet. So kick back, relax, and hold on to your wallets.
We have had summer sales, back to schools sales, and plenty of other sales, but now it is time for an 'End of Summer Sale' courtesy of the Humble Store.
The massive sale discounts thousands of titles across the store, and to top it off, the store is giving away the critically acclaimed Telltale Games developed, The Walking Dead Season 1 for free. The offer began a couple of days ago, but there are still a few hours left on the promotion if you're quick.
Looking into the sales themselves, we will have a broader list of games on the Big Deals list below, however, some highlights include Rocket League for $11.99, Grim Dawn for $9.99, Risk of Rain for $2.49, and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Game of the Year Edition for $24.99
While the End of Summer Sale is slated to end on September 21, it seems some deals may change or even end earlier, so be sure to pick anything up that catches you eye.
Following a long term offering of Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault for free, EA has finally put forth a new game on its 'On the House' promotion. Replacing the shooter is SteamWorld Dig, a popular 2D-platformer by developer Image & Form.
You will be taking the role of Rusty, a cowboy hat wearing robot, who is tasked with mining for ores under a struggling town, all while defending himself from the various dangers that lurk deep underground. A sequel to the game is also heading for PC sometime later this month, making this a good time to give the original a shot.
All you need to claim the game is an Origin account, after which you can go to the SteamWorld Dig store page to grab it for free. As always, there is no end date on the promotion listed, so it might be a good idea to be quick on adding the game to your collection.
The Humble Jumbo Bundle 9 has come back from last week with some additional indie games in tow. The first tier remains without change from last week, giving you The Flame in the Flood, Infested Planet, and Human: Fall Flat for just $1.
However, the 'pay more than the average' tier contains two additional games this week, Marooners, a party game that includes multiple mini-games to tackle with friends, and Caveblazers, a rogue-like platformer that unsurprisingly takes place in caves. Of course, the three games that were being offered in this tier previously are still a part of it as well, giving Verdun, Samorost 3, and Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide (includes Drachenfels DLC and a Razorfang Poison trinket).
Lastly, the bundle's final tier remains unchanged, giving the popular simulator title, American Truck Simulator as well as all the previous tiers for $10.
The very first free weekend for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition is now in effect. This remaster of the immensely popular RPG by Bethesda brings along the entire base game, Hearthfire, Dawnguard, and Dragonborn DLC, as well as various graphical enhancements.
While it may be true that even trying to fathom the vast amount of content being offered in this game would take much longer than a measly weekend, it is a good kickoff point for you to see if it is worth purchasing. Any progress and achievements from the free weekend will also carry over to the full game when doing so.
Also, to make the purchasing decision a bit easier, Bethesda is offering a 50% discount for the special edition on Steam until September 19, bringing the price down to $19.99.
With the beginning of the weekend comes a wide assortment of sales from numerous PC game stores, and below, we have a selection of handpicked games that are near or below their historical discount rates.
- NieR:Automata – $38.99 on Steam
- The Surge – $29.99 on Steam
- Sid Meier's Civilization VI – $29.99 on WinGameStore
- Kerbal Space Program – $23.99 on Steam
- Squad – $23.99 on Humble Store
- Dark Souls III – $21.84 on GamersGate
- Styx: Shards Of Darkness – $19.99 on Steam
- Tyranny: Commander Edition – $19.94 on GameBillet
- Farming Simulator 17 – $17.49 on Steam
- Fallout 4 – $14.99 on DLGamer
- Bioshock: The Collection – $13.79 on WinGameStore
- Slime Rancher – $13.39 on Humble Store
- Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series – $12.49 on Humble Store
- Rocket League – $11.99 on Humble Store
- Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel – $11.99 on Humble Store
- Red Faction Collection – $11.99 on Humble Store
- Civilization V: The Complete Edition – $11.99 on DLGamer
- Alien: Isolation Collection – $10.99 on DLGamer
- The Walking Dead: A New Frontier – $9.99 on Humble Store
- Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition – $9.99 on Humble Store
- Company of Heroes 2: Master Collection – $9.99 on Humble Store
- Grim Dawn – $9.99 on Humble Store
- Darksiders Franchise Pack – $9.99 on Humble Store
- Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin – $9.96 on GamersGate
- SOMA – $8.99 on Humble Store
- Mad Max – $7.99 on Humble Store
- Enter the Gungeon – $7.49 on Steam
- Mafia II – $7.49 on Humble Store
- Banished – $6.79 on Humble Store
- Metro Redux Bundle – $6.6 on GamersGate
- Batman - The Telltale Series – $6.24 on Humble Store
- Minecraft: Story Mode – $6.24 on Humble Store
- Game of Thrones - A Telltale Games Series – $5.99 on Humble Store
- Styx: Master of Shadows – $5.99 on Steam
- Spec Ops: The Line – $5.99 on Humble Store
- Ryse: Son of Rome – $5 on GamersGate
- Tales from the Borderlands – $4.99 on Humble Store
- The Walking Dead: Season 2 – $4.99 on Humble Store
- The Wolf Among Us – $4.99 on Humble Store
- LEGO Marvel Super Heroes – $4.59 on GameBillet
- Mount & Blade Warband – $4.59 on GamersGate
- Bastion – $3.74 on Humble Store
- Rogue Legacy – $2.99 on Humble Store
- Back to the Future: The Game – $2.49 on Humble Store
- FTL: Faster Than Light – $2.49 on Humble Store
- Risk of Rain – $2.49 on Humble Store
- Poker Night at the Inventory – $0.99 on Humble Store
- Poker Night 2 – $0.99 on Humble Store
Now, with all those pesky DRM-filled games out of the way, let's take look at some DRM-free deals. In addition to the regular weekly deals on the GOG store, it is having a special Warner Bros. sale celebrating a few new arrivals.
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - GOTY - $24.99 on Humble Store
- Tyranny - Commander Edition - $22.49 on GOG
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 - $4.99 on GOG
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 - $4.99 on GOG
- LEGO Batman 2 DC Super Heroes - $4.99 on GOG
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat - $4.99 on GOG
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl - $4.99 on GOG
- LEGO Batman: The Videogame - $3.74 on GOG
- Bastion - $3.74 on GOG
- F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin + Reborn - $3.74 on GOG
- F.E.A.R. Platinum - $2.49 on GOG
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky - $2.49 on GOG
- Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood - $1.99 on GOG
- Mortal Kombat 1+2+3 - $1.49 on GOG
- Moto Racer - $1.19 on GOG
- Cossacks Anthology - $1.19 on GOG
- Syberia 2 - $0.99 on GOG
- Syberia - $0.99 on GOG
Do keep in mind that pricing and availability for some deals may vary depending on the region you're in.
And that is it for our pick of this weekend's PC game deals folks, and hopefully, some of you have enough self-restraint to not break the bank adding new games to your ever-growing backlogs. Of course, there is a gargantuan amount of other deals available all over the interwebs if you search hard enough, so keep your eyes open for those as well.
Don't forget to follow us @NeowinGaming on Twitter to keep up to date with our gaming coverage!