Microsoft today has released the first Windows 10 Technical Preview build for Windows phones, and there's a lot of cool stuff to be excited about. Unfortunately, phones such as the Lumia 930 and the Lumia 1520 will not get this build due to a problem with partitioning that has to be done in the upgrade process, so be sure to check if you're eligible for the preview here.
For those of you who don't have time to install the build , cannot do so because the preview didn't come for your device, or fear the risk of killing the phone, here's a list of the most important new features:
- Full-size Background Image for Start: We believe phones should be intensely personal – so we’ve added another option to customize the start screen with a full-size background image.
- More Quick Actions in Action Center: We’ve increased the number of quick actions available to you. Windows Phone 8.1 has four programmable quick actions – but with Windows 10 you also get an expanded view that can now have up to three rows.
- Interactive Notifications: Notifications are now interactive, allowing you to take action directly like dismissing an alarm, or seeing images for maps. For example, for text messages, when the toast pops, you can quickly reply inline via text or voice.
- Significantly enhanced speech-to-text capability: You can talk to virtually any data field you choose. Your words show up as you speak them – and punctuation appears automatically. This feature is smart enough to understand when to use ‘two’ – the number — instead of ‘too’ as in ‘also’.
- More powerful Photos app: From your very first launch, Photos will show the aggregated set of all your local photos and all your OneDrive photos.
You can dive into the full details by clicking the link below and we will soon have a gallery up that shows all of the new features too.
Source: Windows Blogs