Winamp supports a wide variety of contemporary and specialized music file formats, including MIDI, MOD, MPEG-1 audio layers 1 and 2, AAC, M4A, FLAC, WAV, OGG Vorbis, and Windows Media Audio. It supports gapless playback for MP3 and AAC, and Replay Gain for volume leveling across tracks. In addition, Winamp can play and import music from audio CDs, optionally with CD-Text, and can also burn music to CDs. Winamp supports playback of Windows Media Video and Nullsoft Streaming Video, as well as most of the video formats supported by Windows Media Player. 5.1 Surround sound is supported where formats and decoders allow.
Winamp supports many types of streaming media: Internet radio, Internet telelvision, XM Satellite Radio, AOL video, Singingfish content, podcasts, and RSS media feeds. It also has extendable support for portable media players, and users can access their media libraries anywhere via internet connections.
You can extend Winamps functionality through the use of plug-ins, which are available on the Winamp site.
* Fixed: mp3 decoding errors at end of file (should fix reported CD burning errors)
* Fixed: [aacdec] Detection of parametric stereo for AAC files made with older encoders
* Fixed: [enc_fhgaac] MP4 encoder not always closing on errors or aborted transfers
* Fixed: [in_avi] Crashing with certain malformed AVI files
* Fixed: [in_flac & in_mp4] Memory leaks
* Fixed: [in_mod] Bounds check for comments parsing
* Fixed: [pmp] Multithreaded race condition (now supports thread-safe transfers)
* Fixed: [pmp_android] Embedded album art being deleted on transfers
* Misc: More general tweaks, improvements, fixes and optimizations
* Updated: [enc_fhgaac] Fraunhofer AAC Encoder v3.2.4
* Updated: [gen_jumpex] JTFE v1.2.5