Welcome to episode 3 of the Neowin Podcast, the show where Rich Woods and João Carrasqueira talk about all the big news from the past week.
The past few days have been quite eventful, and this episode focuses mostly on the public release, after about six weeks of testing in the Release Preview ring, of the Windows 10 May 2019 Update, plus the trouble that's been surrounding Huawei for the past week. The company was banned from buying products and services from American firms, which seems to have affected its business.
Before we get into the episode, here's a quick rundown of the things we discuss in this episode, along with the timestamps for each topic:
- 02:02 - The Windows 10 May 2019 Update is now available for actual seekers
- 28:56 Huawei banned from doing business with U.S. companies
- 46:36 Honor announces the Honor 20 family
- 51:27 Edge Dev channel on Windows 10 gets two new updates (kind of)
- 56:28 Chromium-based Edge is now available for macOS
- 58:28 Apple refreshes the MacBook Pro with up to 9th-gen Intel processors
- 1:02:16 Project xCloud technically supports 3,500 games
- 1:09:04 Google announces a new Glass Enterprise Edition
The SoundCloud version of this episode is embedded below, but you can also find it on YouTube if you prefer that. And if you'd rather listen via a dedicated podcast app on your phone, you can subscribe to series by using the RSS feed below:
This will let you get new episodes automatically as they're released. Without further ado, here's the episode:
Let us know what you think of this episode in the comments, and stay tuned next week for a new one with more exciting news!