Windows Firewall Control is a nifty little application which extends the functionality of the Windows Firewall and provides quick access to the most frequent options of Windows Firewall. It runs in the system tray and allows user to control the native firewall easily without having to waste time by navigating to the specific part of the firewall. This is the best tool to manage the native firewall from Windows 8, Windows 7 and Windows Vista. Windows Firewall Control offers four filtering modes which can be switched with just a mouse click:
High Filtering - All outgoing connections are blocked. This setting blocks all attempts to connect to and from your computer.
Medium Filtering - Outgoing connections that do not match a rule are blocked. Only programs you allow can initiate outgoing connections.
Low Filtering - Outgoing connections that do not match a rule are allowed. You can block the programs you do not want to initiate outgoing connections.
No Filtering - Windows Firewall is turned off. Avoid using this setting unless you have another firewall running on your computer.
- Intuitive and easy accessible interface in the system tray, next to the system clock.
- Full support with standard user accounts. Elevated privileges are required only at installation.
- Create temporary rules which are automatically deleted when they expire or on program restart.
- Disable the ability of other programs to add Windows Firewall rules.
- Multiple and easier ways of creating new rules in Windows Firewall.
- Integrated support of creating, modifying and deleting Window Firewall rules.
- Lock feature which can disable the access to the settings of the program and Windows Firewall.
- Shell integration into the right click context menu of the executable files.
- Search for invalid rules with the possibility to delete them.
- Search for executable files through folders and create new rules in seconds.
- View recently blocked connections and create new rules from the logs: inbound and outbound.
- Choose if you want the program to start at user log on.
- Import, export and restore the firewall rules.
- Protection to unauthorized uninstallation.
- Possibility to restore previous settings at uninstallation.
- And many, many more. Just try it out.
Registered Users Features:
- Learning Mode which provides notifications for blocked outgoing connections.
- Lock the current state of the program and Windows Firewall with password.
- Reset a forgotten password used to lock the current state of the program.
What's new in this version:
- New: Install Mode. This new mode available in the Profiles tab will automatically revert a chosen profile after a given period of time if the user changes the profile and forgets about this.
- Fixed: When using "Disable the ability of other programs to add firewall rules" some programs that use Windows services can still create firewall rules through these services before the start-up of WFC.
- Fixed: The scroll position in Main Panel does not automatically scroll to top when changing between the tabs.
- Fixed: The automatic rules creation for digitally signed programs does not work with Low notification level if the file description is an empty string. If the file description is missing the file name will be used instead