Introducing Windows Live OneCare, the all-in-one, always-on PC care service from Microsoft. It works quietly in the background on your computer, so you dont have to worry about nasty interruptions from viruses, spyware, hackers, and other unwanted intruders. It also goes beyond security, regularly backing up all your important files and cleaning up and tuning up your computer to help keep it running at top speed. Because you have better things to do with your PC. Windows Live OneCare helps protect your computer, and its automated optimization features keep your PC running at its speediest. OneCare even regularly backs up your important files. You get all this in one convenient package:
- Protection Plus, with its antivirus and antispyware scanners, managed, two-way firewall, and integrated anti-phishing technology, helps protect your computer from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, hackers, phishing, and other threats. It runs continuously in the background, but you can scan individual files and folders for viruses on demand simply by right-clicking them. You can even scan attachments you receive via Windows Live Messenger or MSN Messenger.
- Performance Plus regularly defragments your hard disk, removes any unnecessary files that can clog your computer, and helps make sure important security updates from Microsoft are installed efficiently and on time.
- Backup and Restore regularly copies your important files and settings to CD, DVD, external hard disk, network drive, or other data-storage device.
- Instant Support provides online help anytime you need it, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
A few of the New Features:
- The new OneCare Circle provides a single view that you can use to monitor the security and maintenance of your networked PCs. The OneCare circle also enables one-click actions to resolve issues among computers within a home PC network
- Printer sharing support helps you easily share the printers that are connected to your networked PCs —now the whole family can use the same printer.
- Speedier PC start times via removal of rarely used applications from the Start menu. Look for this on the enhanced Monthly Report.
- Configuration monitoring that makes fixes and recommendations designed to help you get the most out of your computing experience.
Link: Home Page